Injuries are Preventable
The field of injury prevention reduces the number and severity of injuries through promoting safety and addressing culture, the environment, and human capability and limitations.
At Trestle Consulting, the focus is on preventing injuries in the workplace to increase the quality of life of employees and to reduce costs for employers.
It all starts with assessing:
- Risk factors, including a review of the culture of physical and psychological safety; and
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities of employees and managers.
Working with stakeholders, strategies are developed such as:
- Education (if appropriate);
- Engineering and administrative controls; and
- Outcome evaluation (otherwise, how do you know it worked?)
Please click the link Office Ergonomics on the top of this web page to access a free resource for employees to set up their office workstations according to best ergonomic practice.